BASIC MEDITATION PRACTITIONER COURSE
BASIC MEDITATION PRACTITIONER COURSE (30-HOURS)
This course focuses on guiding students in developing a solid foundation in the teachings and practices of Gotama Buddha.
Students will learn how to establish a “life practice” based on independent observation of Gotama Buddha’s teachings. Students will be guided in how to acquire wisdom through learning and practicing the teachings to liberate the mind on The Path to attaining Enlightenment.
At the conclusion of this course, students will have a theoretical foundation to start integrating and applying these teachings in daily life to include a consistent meditation practice to eliminate discontent feelings from the mind such as sadness, anger, frustration, irritation, boredom, loneliness, guilt, fears, shyness, stress, anxiety, etc.
Discussions (Dhamma Talks)
- Life Story of Gotama Buddha
- Enlightenment: What is “Enlightenment”? & Misunderstandings of Gotama Buddha’s Teachings
- The Four Noble Truths: Establishing Right View
- The Eight Fold Path: The Path for All Humans to Enlightenment
- The Five Precepts: A Householders Guide to Daily Practice, What is Kamma and How Does It Affect Me?, & What is Merit?
- Meditation: Developing Your Practice
- Meditation Instruction: Breathing Mindfulness Meditation and Loving-kindness Meditation
- Meditation Positions: Seated, Lying, Standing, and Walking Position
- Buddhist Chanting in Pali
Class Schedule & Location
Classes will be held at Wat Tung Yu (Thai Buddhist Temple) in Chiang Mai, Thailand from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Wat Tung Yu
Tambon Si Phum
Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200
This course is based on the book "Developing a Life Practice: The Path That Leads to Enlightenment". You may prefer to download this book and read it prior to this course.
Ongoing support for students will be provided through an online community.
This course is offered at no cost. Donations will be accepted to contribute to the expense of hosting the course. All are welcome and no one is turned away for lack of funds.
Each student will receive a certificate that acknowledges their completion of the course.